Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Inconsistency of Added-files and Removed-files

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Inconsistency of Added-files and Removed-files
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:33:11 -0400

James Blackwell wrote:
David Allouche:
   > I _can_ write a workaround for the inconsistence if the correct
   > behaviour would be not to show explicit id-tags ever in patchlogs, so I
   > would like to know what _is_ the correct behaviour.

Tom Lord:

These headers are not heavily used.  Their primary use is, for human
consumption (e.g., grep for a filename).

I was planning on eventually writing a command that would examine patch logs
to tell you in what revisions a file was modified (added, etc). What do
you think?

It might be a duplication of effort-- I've already got code that does that:

$fai revisions --modified libarch/cmdutils.c -s
address@hidden/tla--devo--1.2--patch-102
    nicer error messages from get (aaron via rbtcollins)
address@hidden/tla--devo--1.2--patch-103
    fix bogus format string
address@hidden/tla--devo--1.2--patch-107
    error message niceness (aaron via rbtcollins)
address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3--patch-14
    Gobs of extra checks/small fixes/typos (Bentley)
address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3--patch-15
    Formatting fixes for previous revision

It's part of Fai, which is gpled, and is available as iter_changedfile. Doesn't match on file additions or deletions, yet.

There's also a variant that matches revisions that added a line's contents to a file.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology