Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch requires huge amount of memories..

From: Marc Recht
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch requires huge amount of memories..
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 01:33:46 +0200

(For all those runs I had set the datasize limit to 430MB, so that tla rather panics than haning my system.)

I'd be interested in seeing the following things:

in the attachment

1. The output from a vmstat 1 that starts from shortly before you run
   tla to shortly after it bombs.

Just FYI, this is from vmstat run:

These files would be source but lack inventory ids (`tla add' or a tagline perhaps?):

devel/tla/work

D  mail/pine/files/.arch-ids/dot.pinerc.pgp.sample.id
D  mail/pine/files/.arch-ids/pgpdecode.id
D  mail/pine/files/.arch-ids/pgpencrypt.id
D  mail/pine/files/.arch-ids/pgpsign.id
D  mail/pine/files/dot.pinerc.pgp.sample
D  mail/pine/files/pgpdecode
D  mail/pine/files/pgpencrypt
D  mail/pine/files/pgpsign
PANIC: out of memory

2. The last 50 lines of an strace of tla
3. A stack trace (gdb tla \n run the_command_your_using)

I don't think that the attached backtrace is that usefull.. :-/ I had to manually cancel tla to get it, since I didn't get one if tla panics...

Cheers,
Marc