Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch requires huge amount of memories..

From: Marc Recht
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch requires huge amount of memories..
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 20:33:54 +0200

Folks (meaning "I") have had Arch repositories in the area of 15,000
files without observing the behaviour you're seeing (not that I was

Do I need to something specific (after the import) for repositories of that size?

looking hard at RAM usage,  but I didn't notice it going through the

I guess you'd have notice if your boxed would have locked up.. ;-)
The weird thing is before everything explodes tla allocates memory in around 30 to 40 MB steps.. (This is right after printing what changed.)

roof either). Performance wasn't particularly good, but it wasn't
abominable either.

I could live with that

So, yes, it's a special case.

Maybe it's something NetBSD specific.. I presume you're using Linux.. Maybe I should find a Linux box and test it there.

--
Marc Recht