[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

GetSMS IN 1 failed! (Command timed out.), Nokia 6300

From: Michal Karm Babacek
Subject: GetSMS IN 1 failed! (Command timed out.), Nokia 6300
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 00:19:25 +0100

Dear gnokiiers,
I tried to connect my Nokia 6300 phone to my Fedora 10
notebook using some USB cable. It looks like the connection
is up-and-running and everything is fine except the
following issues described below:

1) I have 1947 messages in my "Inbox" and 2186 messages in
my "Sent items" folder on my Nokia 6300. Those folders are the default ones.
Whenever I try to issue:

address@hidden ~]# gnokii --getsms IN 1 2

The whole process starts with loading all the filenames and so on,
however it is being interrupted unfinished after approximately
90 seconds with the following message:

Command timed out.
GetSMS IN 1 2 failed! (Command timed out.)
Serial device: closing device

Note: The process has been working right up to this very moment,
I was observing more and more filenames being loaded and so on...

Note: It doesn't matter whether I try to load just 2 messages or
all the 2186 messages - gnokii always tries to load all the
filenames of all the messages first, regardless the actual amount
of messages I want to be downloaded.

I tried to move a few dozens of me messages from the "Inbox" to
a new personal folder I created for this purpose. I named this
folder "F1". Here comes the second issue:

2) Loading messages from the "F1" folder works without
any interruption - it takes just a few seconds to process those
few dozens of messages. Despite this, the message text is always
crippled as if due to some encoding issue. The hex values
looks correct but the actual "Text:" is just a rubbish.
I read somewhere that gnokii actually doesn't support the
user-created folders with Nokia 6300. Quite so :-)

Since the issue 2) is probbably caused by unsupported
manipulation with sms messages exported to a user-created folder,
it looks like the solving the issue 1) is my only chance :-)

I'm not really a C developer, but if you possibly give me
some hints, I can poke around the source and try to modify it.

My configuration:

port = /dev/ttyACM0
model = 6510
initlength = default
connection = dku2libusb
use_locking = no
serial_baudrate = 19200
# Yes, I tried the default value as well...
serial_write_usleep = -1
smsc_timeout = 0
# Those are just my attempts to switch off
# that time out regarding the issue 1)...
sms_timeout = 0
getsms_timeout = 0
allow_breakage = 0
bindir = /usr/sbin/
TELEPHONE = 12345678
debug = on
rlpdebug = off
xdebug = off

Thank you for any remarks and hints.
Michal Karm Babacek


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]