Re: display text on phone screen from gnokii?

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: display text on phone screen from gnokii?
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:36:09 +0100

2010/3/2 Rohit Chaudhri:

> text from gnokii
> (numbers/alphabets) that can be displayed on the connected phone's screen? I
> think that the gnokii keypress & enterchar might work for this.

no, the purpose of --keypress and --enterchar is to send commands to
the phone and the fact that you can see letters and numbers is only a
side effect that depends on which part of the user interface is shown
(eg. when composing messages)

> Has anyone been able to use gnokii to display key presses on a connected
> phone? If so, could you please tell me what phone model it works on?

as you guessed, it works with phones handled by nk6100 driver but what
you're trying to do is an hack, so don't use gnokii and don't use a
Nokia

some Sony Ericsson phones (eg Z310i) have a set of AT commands to
build an user interface and the user can also input data, you can find
docs on their website

--
Daniele Forsi