Re: Connecting Nokia 5100 via IRDA

From: Romain Chantereau
Subject: Re: Connecting Nokia 5100 via IRDA
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:35:50 +0200

Hi !

I did some test directly at the shop in order to flash quickier.

So as far as I tested :

1. SMS worked send, receive ;
2. Phonebook worked, upload, download ;
3. Calendar worked partially ;
4. Phone call worked (?!!!) ;
5. Options saving crashed my phone.

III /
-----

About the calendar function, there is only one event type that did not
work : the meeting. In fact, it seems it didn't work because it need a
ending time and gnokii does not ask for it. The debug log file is
attached as "calendar.log".
There is another problem with the calendar interface : the display is
not refreshed when adding a new event via gnokii. The trick is to upload
the calendar and download it and then, the display is refreshed.

IV /
----

About the phone call, I do not understand, but it works more than
twice ! There is a little "bug", the call time is not good : always
display 00:00, even after setting up the phone clock. The debug log is
titled "call.log". I was not able to find where the phone number is ;-)

V /
---

About the option saving, it is when I go to "options" dialog box (via
the tools icon), and I do "save". The referring log is titled
"options.log".

I hope it will help,
Cheers,
Romain

PS: About the kernel bug : it only happens when xgnokii is stuck, in
other words, when the phone does not respond anymore and xgnokii is
still "connected". ie: when the phone crashes.