Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Mono in the default install

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Mono in the default install
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 14:37:35 +0200

Richard Stallman schreef:
Features that seem to be missing compared to other distributions for reasons other than the programs being non-free software would impact their judgment and the adoption of gNewSense negatively.

Our goal is to change society, not compete for popularity,
so we can't let popularity be our criterion.

I'd say we can't let popularity be our _primary_ criterion. If the tools that help us change society (like gNewSense) can become more popular without compromising on the goal then I see nothing wrong with that.