Re: [glob2-devel] Yog web stats

From: Linus Probert
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Yog web stats
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:52:41 +0200

Hi,

I think it is a good idea and a good start, I work part time as a consultant mostly working with web-apps and homepages so I could probably help out a bit. Atleast I would like to but since I am still studying at the university most I've managed to get involved in this project is to read all the mail and all other communication and hardly no decent programming :-(

Anywho the idea is simple and php never gets to tricky to work with so it should not take to long time atleast.

Feel free to ask me if you need any help, if I have the time I would gladly help out.

Liquidity_C on IRC.

Maxime GUYOT wrote:
Hi,

Like it Jon Neal said before, i'm working on adding statistics into YOG.
Precisely i'm trying to make some sort of http version for YOG. The idea
is to see, comment, rate,browse and download maps in your favorite web
browser.

I've done a working version of that. Here is how it works :
set "glob2 -stats" as a cron job (every 15 minutes by example). This
will send maps informations (filename, author, ratings, mapname etc...)
to a MySQL database.
Now there you just need a website or some php (or whatever) code to
access this data.

Data exported to MySQL includes : maps, login informations (with hash
passwords).

As a proof of concept (or first start), i've done some PHP code to show
what's possible. You can see it here : http://www.chezmeme.net/main.php
this is hosted on my laptop so i do not guarantee the uptime :D

What do you think about it ? if you have any ideas your welcolme ;)

See you !

PS: my nick on IRC is Miouge