Re: [glob2-devel] Beta 4 Release Candidate

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Beta 4 Release Candidate
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:13:42 +0200

Excepted if we go to heavy processing, the issue of sounds is more artistic
then technical. I trust our abilities to process a lot of sound concurrently,
yet I trust less our ability to make sound that are nice when mixed together
over the music.

Doppler effect would probably require FFT of some sort and I'm afraid that's
both too cpu consuming and probably annoying, but why not trying... Putting a
low pass filter on distant sounds is a cheap way to simulate fading due to
distance, and it works fine.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--