Re: [glob2-devel] Beta 4 Release Candidate

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Beta 4 Release Candidate
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:01:42 +0200

> *Sound Effects
> - Implement sound effects into the mixer function, possibly implement
> SDL_mixer or another sound system
> - Have the unit info in units.txt to be able to set sounds to play at
> specific animation frames, coming into existence, and dieing
> - Have buildings be able to play sound effects as they are initially
> constructed, take certain amounts of damage, are destroyed, or are deleted
> - Have sound effects for the GUI events like placing a building,*

One thing we should decide for sound effect is:
- do we want wav or ogg? ogg are smaller, but loading them may load to a delay
(but maybe we can precharge them)
- do we want only one sound at time (easier to manage, memory bounded) or
multiple ones (maybe nicer, but non-constant load).

I think we could begin by defining the sound we want. I can probably grab some
of them.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--