Re: [glob2-devel] Hello all

From: Quinn Yee Qin Teh
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hello all
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:21:53 +1000

Well, not halfway across the map... sorry that was an over-exxageration. I meant it seemed to go to a resource location that's just not the closest one. Anyway I'll do a bit more observation on this, as Bradley said, it could be a bug.

So does the algorithm for the resource pickup make the worker pick up the resource that has the lowest distance value from it when it was first allocated the task? If that's the case maybe a possible optimisation is to make it consider the resources that are close to the target building as well? And a further optimisation is to make it find the nearest resource located along the path to the target, but that might be quite a heavy process...