Re: [glob2-devel] google-analytics

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] google-analytics
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:58:40 +1300

Hello Leo,

Google Analytics has been in place for the past 8 months. No one has complained before hand so I see no reason why someone should now!

And anyone one that has used Analytics knows it doesn't actually record who you are or where you've been all day! The most incriminating data would be where you came from (i.e. a referrer), you're os/browser, and location. But no emails, ips, or names are attached to that data.

And as Kai pointed out, there are plugins out there that disable JS scripts of choice. If someone doesn't want to be recorded, then they just disable it.

So for now, it stays.

Regards
Kieran

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi

> I personally use a Firefox extension called noscript that prevents all

I personally do so, too. Else I wouldn't have noticed. It's just that there are others not aware of anything and I don't want to support any total surveillance features like the google machinary. I'd rather want to put up a logo claiming we don't trace our visitors, but I don't want to bring in too much my political believes to suggest such thing seriously.

Greetings,

Leo Wandersleb