Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 22:16:48 -0400

On 8/1/06, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
In windowed mode other than in game, scrolling is permanent in the direction
the cursor left the window. that may be useful but i guess it's a bug. is it?
I'll have to find something in SDL that tells me when the mouse leaves
the window, since it only gives me events for when the mouse is in the
window. Will fix!

I'd love to see MMB-scrolling like in game as it is the way i mostly navigate
in globulation.
Ok, I'll try to do that.

oops :) you are marking the selected color by changing it?? that's confusing but i guess
it's a hack you know has to be fixed to some "box the selected color".
Do you mean the team color selector? I'm not sure what you mean by
"marking the selected color by changing it".

scrolling in the minimap works only if the cursor stays in the minimap. in game
you are allowed to go around the world several times with only one drag.
Desired behaviour. Infact it took me a while to do to, I couldn't just
copy and paste from the game gui code.

checkerboard water looks funny ;)
Huh?

the teams menu: you can add teams but when there are 12 teams you can neither
add nore remove any team.
Nor remove eh? I'll look into it.

the crash when removing one team i don't know where that came from but it was
already a bug in the old editor.
Removing one team from what? The editor doesn't allow you to remove a
team when only one is there

minimap doesn't get refreshed. now it got refreshed but i don't know what
triggered it as again i can paint water and it doesnt show up in the map. flags
get painted to the map.
Hrmm, I think its because the minimap needs to be re-rendered every
change. I'll fix it soon.

somehow it is not possible to scroll and paint water/vegetable at the same
time. that was possible with the old one. actually the continous painting does
only work sometimes or i don't know when or how.
I'll look into it. I'll fix soon.

right mouse button doesn't switch through the menues like in game.
Ok, i'll add that.

i don't see how i could delete flags. also my only way to remove
buildings/units is to place some water/grass.
Hmm, I forgott a delete thingy ma-bob. I'll add that, although i
wonder what menu it should go under. flags I suppose.

enough for today.

n8 ;)

Thanks giszmo, its your kind of constructive criticism that this project needs.

--
Start and finish, Bradley Arsenault