Re: [glob2-devel] Random map generator

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Random map generator
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 22:06:27 -0400

On 8/1/06, Nuage <address@hidden> wrote:
Bradley Arsenault wrote:
Once upon a time, this was a really cool feature... and was the only way to play
network games actually! It was not planed to destroy this feature completely,
just to be removed until we can enable it back again.

Now, if you think removing this feature will help you, for you to rework the
structure, sure, go ahead. But if you could manage to structure it in a way we
could add it later, this would even be better!

Thank you!

I'm not sure its a desirable feature either way. Live map generation,
great! But regenerating a map that was clearly premade and saved
(which is whats going on) is just going to bog the game down,
especially when generating map thumbnails in the map selector (which
is where i discovered this).

Live map generation should be done a different way, in my opponion.
Instead we should use (the more complicated) preset / randomized
generator value files. they would be in a seperate, but similair
window to the map picker. Just a button at the bottom "random maps" or
something like that. I'll try to build something like this when I get
the time.

--
Start and finish, Bradley Arsenault