Re: [glob2-devel] Random map generator

From: Nuage
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Random map generator
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:24:29 +0200

Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> I'm investigating a long line of incomplete code having to do with
> random map generation. Apparrently, when you generate a random map,
> large amounts of code are wrapped arround re-generating it every time
> you use the map. While in theory this is nice, in reality it would be
> slow and not really usefull except to save a couple hundred k of
> harddrive space. Anyway, all of this code is incomplete, and I'm going
> to remove as much of it as I can find. It makes changing a randomly
> generated map broken, I have to manually (and very hackishly) remove
> the random-generator tag when the map editor saves the map.
>
> If anyone is activly working on this code, reply now. Else, I'll be
> removing this functionality within a day.

Once upon a time, this was a really cool feature... and was the only way to play
network games actually! It was not planed to destroy this feature completely,
just to be removed until we can enable it back again.

Now, if you think removing this feature will help you, for you to rework the
structure, sure, go ahead. But if you could manage to structure it in a way we
could add it later, this would even be better!

Thank you!