Re: [glob2-devel] New AI System dependancies

From: Cyrille Dunant
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New AI System dependancies
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 19:30:05 +0200

On Saturday 01 July 2006 19:25, Ravi Desai wrote:
> Hi,
> ~    Agreed.
> ~    I personally don't have any objections to dependencies, as long as
> they are easy to find and small in download sizes.
> ~    Any other player opinions out there?
> Ravi

We should distinguish between convenience dependencies and functionality
dependencies.

For example, we should not become dependant on glib on the argument that they
provide such and such mechanism.

But we depend on speex for voice. Or SDL...

So, For function objects and ntuples and smart pointers, I'd say we can do
without.

btw, what do you need smart pointers for?

CU

 -- CFD