[glob2-devel] Web site/wiki, community mangment

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Web site/wiki, community mangment
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:17:11 +0100

Hello,

Some comments about the web site:
- I've modified the CSS so it looks more coherent and blueish now.
- By default, people should be logged as guest or, better, in a view only mode
without any question of logging before people actually *want* to get logged.
- Actually, it is impossible to access the web site with cookies disabled
because of the mandatory login.
- Once the web site is viewable with disabled cookies and without password I
change the main links.
- Then, I'll move all datas and the westhosts US server will not be necessary
any more.

Then, some comments about the community:
- There should be a page, somewhere in the wiki, which summaries the TODOs for
the community (for things such as upload new screenshots, rework page
blabla, ...). I'm not suggesting a complex system, just a small page.
- Content in the Wiki should be coherent. For instance, the list of links
there:

http://epfl.ysagoon.com/wiki/index.php?n=CollaborationPlatform.CollaborationPlatform

is not formatted the same as the list of links there:
http://epfl.ysagoon.com/wiki/index.php?n=Main.Main
This is only an example. It is not urgent but we should converge to a coherent
and clean style. But don't feel under too much pressure, I'm sure we will do
it ;-)
- We should update the FAQ following the questions which appear often in the
ml. Does anyone want to do this or do we stay with random update when someone
is motivated?
- We should keep track of submitted patches. I can apply them but if they
relate to some part of code nuage did, I will not be very efficient at
reviewing. Nuage, do you have any suggestion or preference?

I'm sorry to give so much "suggestions" and do so little work in the community
management those time. I'm a bit on pressure because I have to finish my PhD
plan for the end of the mounth. Furthermore, I would like to go forward on
the rewrite of the gfx backend, because now it is an important limit to
eye-candies.

Thanks a lot to the people who already did a great job with the iki lately
(moa333 and others). I hope you enjoy glob2,

Steph

--
http://nct.ysagoon.com