[glob2-devel] Setting attack preferences.

From: Matthew Marshall
Subject: [glob2-devel] Setting attack preferences.
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:24:07 -0500

Hello,

I have posted a request on savannah:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=103274

For anyone who would rather not follow the link for some reason or other, here
is the content of the submission:

There are times when it would be nice to be able to have more control over
what my warriors attack. For example, most of the time I want my warriors to
attack the enemy warriors, before worrying about attacking their workers.
However, when I have very little wheat left, and the enemy has clearing flags
on it, saving that wheat is my top priority. Thus, I would want my warriors
to get rid of the workers before anything else.

 What I propose is that there should an 'Advanced' tab available when when you
select a war flag. Here, there is a list of objects that can be sorted
through drag and drop. Each of the things that your warriors can attack
(swam, inn, barracks, workers, etc.) has an object that represents it. The
warriors will prefer one target over another, depending on where it is placed
on the list.

 For extera control, I think that there should also be two other objects to be
sorted on the list. The first one is on the very top by default. However, if
any object is placed above it, the warriors will exterminate everything that
is of that type (within the bounds of the war flag,) before attacking
anything else.

 The last object is to be at the bottom of the list by default. If any object
is placed under it, it will not be attacked under any circumstance.

 I know that this option would add more to manage, however, I think that it
fits the theme of the game rather well. Whether or not something like this
should be implemented before the 1.0 release, I don't know. It really depends
on how hard it would be to program, and I am still not very familiar with the
code.

 I hope I have made all of this plenty clear!

 Thanks!

 MWM