Re: [glob2-devel] level 2 school construction site.

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] level 2 school construction site.
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 18:26:34 +0200

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 03.59, Joey Luke Marshall wrote:
> I made a level 2 school construction site and the mask. hope you like
> it. :)

Thanks. It is cool and much better then the "old" buildings sites.
Nevertheless, what would be really great for building such as this school is
a building site that show the school half built, like only the frame and
inner core. Settlers 2 had some clever hack : each building had a frame and a
final sprite and they were draw clipped from the top during building, vaguely
showing sort of progression. I'm not sure this effect would be cool on glob2,
which has much bigger buildings be having a frame half covered when building
could be cool.

What do you think about it ?

Some words on the GL backend now. It is using glSDL
(http://olofson.net/mixed.html), modified to add lines, circles and rect
primitives in GL. Our version lays in glob2 CVS in libag's directory. It is
only two files (on .h and one .c).
The backend is completed, although two things are not working properly :
- the menu in game are not updated correctly. I check and rechecked all the
code related to this and it seems that glSDL does not blit SDL to SDL
textures correctly. I looked at it and only found that it does
SDL_BlitSurface them together. Perhaps something is trashed. I very welcome
any feedback from tests on other plateforms or any patch. SDL crashes on my
notebook which has a mobility radeon 9000 with GPL drivers.
- the resize trash the glSDL texture cache. This is a glSDL known issues.
Patch toward the glSDL version in glob2 CVS are welcome.

I'm very happy that people are interested in glob2 and do good
contributions :-)
Luc and me are not enable to allocate as much time for glob2 as we would like
to, but we are decided not to let it die. We welcome any people that want to
contribute; in code, graphism, web site, map design, map testing,
scenario, ...

Thanks to everyone,

Steph

--
Stéphane Magnenat
Assistant doctorant, administrateur système