gdb

[Gdb] Dynamic linker breakpoint function

From: The Newtons
Subject: [Gdb] Dynamic linker breakpoint function
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 21:22:36 +1300

Hi

I'm trying to debug a program which uses libraries for which I have
the source. I have set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the source directories
with the dir command and have compiled both the program and the
libraries with -g -O2. I've also set LD_BIND_NOW=1. However, when I
start gdb it says:

warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.

Can someone please explain what this means and how I get around it
as I am unable to step into library source?

Thanks
Scott Newton