gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] device icons

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] device icons
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 18:01:30 +0200

> Since we have device toolbar two times, for left and right pane;
> wouldn't it be quite useful to be able to configure a different set of
> devices for each ?

At this moment rather not, as device toolbar is used for (in fact TWO
actions):

    1. activate the proper (left or right) file list
    2. and then go to the clicked location (device or connection)

IMHO you'd like to save some space in the device toolbar. It can be
achieved in two ways:

    1. enabling button wrapping for the toolbar
    2. displaying only ONE device toolbar (as a special configurable
operation mode).
       All operations will apply to the ACTIVE file list

The former is relatively easy, the latter requires much more coding...

What about it?

Piotr