gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] device icons

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] device icons
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 18:34:45 +0200

>> I'd like to build into gcmd support for:
>>
>>     * RTL languages
>>     * WebDAV+ssh+sftp

> Hi, just a question: will other gnome-vfs schemes be supported as well
> (for example the obex:// handler?)

I think so ;o) The commit #.... (devel branch only) re-enabled presence
of other protocols in 'Remote Server' dlg in the way other Gnome apps do
(eg. Nautilus). This is for reference only - changes only the dlg GUI
(screenshot attached).

The services that will be available for remote connections are:

    FTP (with login)
    Public FTP
    SSH
    Windows share
    WebDAV (HTTP)
    Secure WebDAV (HTTPS)
    Custom location

The last one (Custom location) allows entering arbitrary URI, so I guess
obex:// scheme can be used here as well.

Piotr