Re: [Fsfe-uk] Intro and a request for information

From: Ian Lynch
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Intro and a request for information
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:09:43 +0000

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 17:09, Simon wrote:

> Thanks very much for all the pointers, advice etc. I've emailed someone
> my snail mail address for some CDs and registered at Ubuntu to get some
> postage free CDs from them.
>
> I did originally think of getting some removable hard drive caddies and
> using different drives for Linux. Then dual boot without writing to the
> mbr (floppy disc booting). I've also used the Debian "network install"
> and thought of that one as well. But the suggestions for "live CDs" have
> been interesting - I've never used one before. I've now got a load of
> options...
>
> I've spoken to both the ICT co-ordinator and the technician at the
> school and any solution I come up with would seem to be acceptable to
> them. The technician appears to think that RM should not be a problem,
> but until I try it I'm sceptical!
>
> Chris - I hadn't thought about what to do once Linux is up and running,
> Thanks for the suggestions - once I can get this up and running I'm sure
> I'll need things to do

If you want a FLOSS-freindly certification system that can be done
alongside the National Curriculum with very little additional work for
teachers take a look at www.theINGOTs.org and become an INGOT Academy.
We will be using revenue derived to produce educational resources under
creative commons licenses and supporting free software development.

--
Ian Lynch <address@hidden>
ZMS Ltd