Re: [Fsfe-uk] Public money and freedom

From: Andrew Savory
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Public money and freedom
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:10:48 +0000

Hi,

On 14 Dec 2003, at 03:44, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:

BTW, did anything  interesting from Oxford with M$ attending the OSS
Watch event?

Apparently not much came of M$ being there - I'm told someone from Oxford asked the guy why on earth he gave a sales pitch. The IBM guy was more fun - he turned up somewhat unprepared and with the wrong focus ("open source is great but there's no support so buy from me, because we'll always be around"). My colleague David tore strips off him in a "lively" discussion.

As soon as there's some sort of write-up or report about the event, I'll forward it here. In the meantime, feel free to ask questions.

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/