Re: [Fsfe-uk] [real work] Free Software expert needed in the UK

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] [real work] Free Software expert needed in the UK
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:17:40 +0100

On Friday 19 October 2001 11:58 am, MJ Ray wrote:
> 1/ It's hard to say too much without knowing more about the subject
> matter actually in the submission and what is required of such a
> supporter.

This is important - IPRC takes submissions from lots of different bodies. If
they want an NGO, Georg is the best person to represent Free Software. If
they want industry, FSFE is probably not the best route.

> 2/ Most of us probably wouldn't be seen as "credible" in such a group
> because we are working for small start-ups.

I'm in charge of IT at the Linguaphone Group ("Listen, Repeat.. Understand!"
- I'm sure you've seen the adverts on TV :), which is a group of companies
based in the UK and abroad (particularly the far east), and we've been around
for 100 years (seriously!). We also use Free Software extensively (although,
sadly, nowhere near exclusively).

I've offered my help, but of course, it depends on what is relevant in the
discussion.

Cheers,
                                        Alex.