Re: [Fsfe-uk] [real work] Free Software expert needed in the UK

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] [real work] Free Software expert needed in the UK
Date: 19 Oct 2001 11:58:00 +0100

"Georg C. F. Greve" <address@hidden> writes:

> So what do we do about this? Do we have an ideal candidate?

Here is my take on it:

1/ It's hard to say too much without knowing more about the subject
matter actually in the submission and what is required of such a
supporter.

2/ Most of us probably wouldn't be seen as "credible" in such a group
because we are working for small start-ups.  The reason so many
supporters are in relatively small companies is that large UK industry
is still really inflexible on software licensing.  The only
alternative is to find a UK-based FS advocate from one of the large
multinationals with an interest, but I don't know of such a person.

I hope that helps you in your search.

UKC... there's a LUG starting up there, I think.  Are you in touch
with them, Alan?  Maybe they have more links worth exploring, although
it will surely contain pragmatists too, who you probably don't want
for this.

--
MJR

Do you need advice about the Internet or particular net services?  Why
not talk to my employers?  See http://www.luminas.co.uk/ for details.