RE: [ft] Questions with freetype

From: Erik Möller
Subject: RE: [ft] Questions with freetype
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 01:47:17 +0100

Pseudo-code has never been my thing and it wasn't really practical to send
my font system, so here's 300 lines of fresh c++ source:

http://www.timetrap.se/post_images/small_font_test.cpp
http://www.timetrap.se/post_images/small_font_test_output.png

This is hopefully a to the point sample that shows how to render a colored
glyph with a differently colored outline to a memory buffer. It dumps the
result out as a tga to disc.

Werner, I know the info on this topic is pretty sparse (or at least it was
when I tried to figure it out a while back) so if you could check it out,
maybe tidy it up a bit and make this sample available in some freetype
documentation I'm sure it'd help a lot of people...plus that'd make my two
hours of typing worthwhile.
It's too bad this whole "for the good of mankind" thing don't feed your
kids.

Erik Möller,
Timetrap
http://www.timetrap.se