Re: [ft] Questions with freetype

From: Mickey Gabel
Subject: Re: [ft] Questions with freetype
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:47:15 +0900

If you load a glyph, you get the outline array, consisting of the on
and off points of the outline.

Without having to use the stroker or process the outlines myself?

I don't understand this question.  What do you want to extract?
Please elaborate.

     Werner

Well, basically I meant passing some magical flag to Glyph_to_Bitmap and get the glyph outline rendered and anti-aliased (see Fan Zhang's image). And if not, at least some way of getting the outline without having to load the glyph's vector shape and writing a bezier curve renderer myself.

Can the glyph stroker be used for this purpose (FT_Glyph_Stroke)? Or FT_Outline_XXX?
I'll have a look at ftview and do my homework. Thanks for the tip.