Re: [ft] Questions with freetype

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Questions with freetype
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:17:34 +0100 (CET)

>> 1. How to draw character outline to bitmap with hollowing ?
>>
>> cid:image001.png@01C9936F.EA5965B0
>>
>> 1. How to draw character softness to bitmap?
>>
>> cid:image002.png@01C99370.66F87930

Please have a look at the ft2demos bundle which contains the `ftview'
test program.  You can switch the `drawing mode' using the keys `1' to
`4'.

> Is there a way to get the outline using the built in FT2 renderer?

If you load a glyph, you get the outline array, consisting of the on
and off points of the outline.

> Without having to use the stroker or process the outlines myself?

I don't understand this question.  What do you want to extract?
Please elaborate.