[Freetype] WINFONTS support

From: Thomas Charbonnel
Subject: [Freetype] WINFONTS support
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 19:05:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm in the process of migrating a Windows NT TCP/IP client server db
application to Linux using Wine. One of the problems I encounter is that
the client application seems to be very old and relies on a .FON special
font to draw custom windows and tables in text mode. To cope with this I'm
considering adding .FON support to wine through FreeType (as suggested on
the wine-devel mailing list, FreeType supporting the .FON format). I wrote
a little test program to load the .FON I'm interested in and dump
informational fields from the FT_WinFNT_HeaderRec struct. My problem is
that the FT_GetWinFNT_Header function fails with error code 6: Invalid
argument. Is it possible that some .FON files are not supported ? I
noticed too that the FT_Face_New call always succeeds, regardless of the
face_index argument. It sounds to me like the specific .FON file I need
has a strange format (it can be very old, back to the late 80's). Any idea
about this ? I'm using FreeType 2.1.4.

Regards,
Thomas