[Freetype] Font type and Type 1 tables

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: [Freetype] Font type and Type 1 tables
Date: 11 Apr 2002 18:36:24 +0200

In the FreeType 2 backend, I need to distinguish between Type 1 and
TrueType fonts (I sometimes use glyph names for Type 1 fonts, but
never for TTFs), and to access a Type 1 font's /FontInfo dictionary.

I'm currently using the following:

  #define FACE_TYPE(FACE) ((FACE)->driver->clazz->root.module_name)
  #define T1INFO(FACE) \
    (strcasecmp(FACE_TYPE(FACE), "type1") == 0 ?\
     (&((T1_FaceRec*)FACE)->type1.font_info) : \
     NULL)

Knowing David's and Werner's love of harmony and order, I cannot help
but conclude that I've missed something.

                                        Juliusz