Re: [ft-devel] Porting FT2

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Porting FT2
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:36:25 +0100

Kumar.K wrote:
I want one main function, with in that function what are all should
I call? So I can give my file path name for getting pixel data?

Freetype is a library, there is no main() function.

Look at ft2demos-L.M.N.tar.bz2 (resp. ftdmoLMN.zip) for examples of small programs which use the library, and which indeed have main() functions.

By the way, Werner, the baroque name for the .zip file is constrained by the '8.3' rule required for ISO9660 (version 1) and MS-DOS (w/o VFAT) file systems; and with N now in excess of 10, the rule is breached. Of course in 2009 everybody which got such a file and have to shoehorse its name (for example to send it to some embedded systems kit) can easily rename it, yet I believe it would be more correct to stick to the rule even for the accessory archives, perhaps naming the last release as
        ft23b.zip
        ftdmo23b.zip
        ftdoc23b.zip
(with b being the 11th letter in the 0123456789abcdefghij alphabecedary) or alternatively
        ft2311.zip
        ftdm2311.zip
        ftdo2311.zip

Antoine