[ft-devel] building freetype 2.1.9 for win32/x86 and winCE/ARM platforms

From: zze-danae MARAUX S ext RD-TECH-REN
Subject: [ft-devel] building freetype 2.1.9 for win32/x86 and winCE/ARM platforms as Shared DLL
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:01:01 +0200

Hello,

I am new to Freetype, so sorry if these issues have aldready beeen adressed.

I tried to post on mailing list on freetype.org, without success. The server seems down.

I have some difficulties building Freetype :

First, for PC platform / x86 / win32 : I managed to get (huge) static libs from vc projects. The issue is that lib are 2.1 MB big as release and 1.4 MB big as debug, which seems quite big compared to the DLL version which can be found on the net (freetype 6 from v2.1.7 is around 500kB + 50kB import lib). I tried cygwin, and also win gnu make from msys platform, without success.

I use VC++6 with latest SP, latest Processor pack.

I also tried to build DLLs for wince projects without success.

Would you have any advice on how to build them ?

Thanks in advance

Sebastien MARAUX