[ft-devel] Re: mkfontscale - illegal instruction bug (PPC again)

From: Clemens Koller
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: mkfontscale - illegal instruction bug (PPC again)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:18:17 +0200

Hello, Christian!

Please remember that you compile the right freetype2 libraries
with -fno-strict-aliasing and make sure that X links against
them. There seem to be X packages which have their own freetype
sources/libs included...
The problem itself is not in mkfontscale.

For me, the -fno-strict-aliasing seems to solve the
problem or at least the illegal instruction bug.
In my point of view is this just a workaround for
some code problems there.

Did you try the latest CVS? What CPU do you have in your
Machine? I ran into troubles generating the configure
scripts. So, please try building the latest CVS, and post
some feedback to the list.

Greets,

Clemens

Christian Urban wrote:
Dear Clemens,

I am running into the same problem on PPC with the
illegal instruction in mkfontscale. I have tried
a number of things, like making sure that gcc gets
the -fno-strict-aliasing option. But so far without
success. It seems you are the person who tracks this
bug. What is the latest to work around this bug.

Many, many thanks and best wishes,

Christian