[ft-devel] Re: problem Type1 Font

From: Vitaly Pasternak
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: problem Type1 Font
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:39:54 +0300

On 4/14/05, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Type1 loader can't load Glyph names for this font so we have had
> crash during '.notdef' glyph searching.  FTVIEW simply have crash on
> this font.  My friend opened this font in FontLab45 successfully.

The font has this structure:

/CharStrings 118 dict def
Private begin
CharStrings begin
   /.notdef 5 RD ...

This is non-standard, and probably only a real PS interpreter accepts
it (if at all).  Additionally, it seems that the encrypted part is
wrong somewhere in the middle of glyph /char_214.

I've continued investication. I asked to load this problematical font in the font editor (FontLab45)
Glyph 'char-214' was loaded and checked successfully - nothing wrong -font editor said.
(see image in attach). Is it possible to know what wrong in this Glyph