Re: [Devel] New release?

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] New release?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:43:39 +0100

Hi Niels,

Niels Moseley a écrit :

> Hi...
>
> > > Any idea when 2.0.6 will be out? I tried building the current CVS
> > > tree but it doesn't seem to work out for me..
> >
> >Bug report, please.
>
> Well, you've already got my bug-report concerning the monochrome font
> rendering. I also saw that someone reported the same bug on 2001-04-24
> according to sourceforge. 8-)
>
> I got the current CVS tree from sourceforge but there seems to be no JAM
> support and the Borland compiler makefiles are missing. I use Borland to
> compile the thing. I tried to make a project myself but there were some
> files missing (?) like the one containing TGLYPH. (as far as I can remember..)
>
> Cheers, Niels.

It seems you mistakenly downloaded "FreeType 1.x", you should use
the module name "freetype2" when checking out from CVS.. (and
"ft2demos" for the demo programs, which have been updated/fixed
too !!)

By the way, the current CVS version now supports postscript hinting
of CID fonts, and I'm currently working on CFF ones. The release is
now _very_ close though I won't give you any date ;-)

Hope this helps,

Regards,

- David