[Devel] Translation Project and FreeType (Re: Syntax error on line 95 of

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: [Devel] Translation Project and FreeType (Re: Syntax error on line 95 of file po/Makefile)
Date: 18 Jul 2001 06:19:56 +0200

[resent with updated addresses]

Dear FreeType developers,

François Pinard just draw my attention to this rather old thread where
gettext is mentioned as used for your software project (see below,
please).

address@hidden (Ivan Bach) writes:

> I work on Silicon Graphics IP19 (Challenge L) with Version 6.5 of the
> IRIX64 operating system.

[...]

> Could you please verify the above, and make necessary corrections.

I guess this problem is already resolved?  If not, please try
gettext-0.10.38, released earlier this year.

Back to my subject.  On SuSE Linux 7.2 (released approx. one month ago)
I can see these translations only:

address@hidden:/var/tmp > rpm -ql freetype | grep .mo$
/usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/freetype.mo
/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/freetype.mo
/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/freetype.mo
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/freetype.mo
/usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/freetype.mo

address@hidden:/var/tmp > rpm -q freetype
freetype-1.3.1-209

I didn't check whether a newer version of freetype with more
translations is available by now.  Anyway, we'd like you to help with
finding translators.  If you'll agree we add 'freetype' to the Free
Translation Project (TP).

In short the TP works as follows:

    . Maintainers are encouraged to announce (pre-)release versions to
    us (address@hidden)

    . We'll prepare and announce (and send) files to translate to the
    translation teams.

    . If translations are ready we'll announce (and send back files) to
    the package maintainers.

For more info please visit

    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/maintainers.html

Feel free to ask if there are open questions!

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o