[Devel] Using TrueType fonts with PCL5?

From: Rich Stephens
Subject: [Devel] Using TrueType fonts with PCL5?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:06:51 -0400

Has anyone out there actually used TrueType fonts as SCALABLE fonts
(downloading them as scalable rather than bitmaps), AND used NON-latin
(Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc) fonts?  We are trying to avoid trying to
download the fonts as bitmaps every time the point size changes.  The idea
is for the end user to use their printer font utility software to download a
TTF font and for us to be able to address it via its font download # when
generating PCL for that printer.

We're trying to figure this out here and there's just too many fuzzy clouds
(Even WITH the PCL5 tech ref manual and the PCL comparison guide books).  We
would be highly appreciative if we could talk to someone with expertise in
this area...anyone, anyone?  Beuller....Beuller?

Rich Stephens
Software Developer

Optio Software, Inc.
Windward Fairways II