Re: [Devel] Translation Project and FreeType

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Translation Project and FreeType
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:42:38 +0200 (CEST)

> address@hidden:/var/tmp > rpm -q freetype
> freetype-1.3.1-209
>
> I didn't check whether a newer version of freetype with more
> translations is available by now.

Not `officially'.  The best source of FreeType 1 is the
freetype-current.tar.gz package.  For the moment it's unlikely that
more translatable strings will be added.  Basically, FT1 is no longer
developed further (except bug fixes).

> Anyway, we'd like you to help with finding translators.  If you'll
> agree we add 'freetype' to the Free Translation Project (TP).

Please do so.  Note that FreeType 2 doesn't contain support (yet) for
gettext.