Re: [Devel] Problems with Adobe's free CID fonts

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Problems with Adobe's free CID fonts
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 11:44:26 -0500 (EST)

I found the problem: the subroutines are decrypted before they are stored, but
the seed bytes (lenIV of them) are not stripped before storage.  As such, when
the charstrings are parsed and a subroutine is called, the first byte of the
subroutine that is parsed is one of the seed bytes. Oops.

I am investigating how to best strip the seed bytes right now.  It is tricky
because of how the subroutine storage is set up.

Tom