Re: [Devel] Problems with Adobe's free CID fonts

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Problems with Adobe's free CID fonts
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:37:53 -0500 (EST)

What I meant is that the byte sequence for the callothersubr operator is 12 +
16.  The operands are encoded differently.  So you have a sequence of operand
bytes (one of which is the number 12 or 13, to indicate which othersubr to use),
then an escape byte (12) followed by the byte 16.

Did that make sense?

I have encountered one unknown operator byte: 15.  It isn't in the Type 1
specification.  Terry O'Donnell told me that it basically is a no-op operator.
So perhaps there are undocumented operators for CID fonts.

This is what I am really after: are the problems I am seeing from undocumented
operators, or from a bug in FreeType?

Tom