[Devel] Re: Problem with caching and CFF fonts

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] Re: Problem with caching and CFF fonts
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:26:50 -0500 (EST)

I agree with Eric's assesment.  I got the ft2demos-beta8 tools up an
runiing, and had no problems.  I noticed how beta8 was handling the
step_y variable, and I changed the ft2demos-current code to mimic that
(namely, step_y = size->metrics.y_ppem + 10) and had no problems with
display.

I will look deeper into the caching code to see why
size->metrics.height is getting zeroed out when working with CFF
fonts.  It might not be in the caching code; it could be elsewhere.
But, as we set step_y almost immediately after returning from
FTC_Manager_Lookup_Size, I have to start in the caching code and trace
backwards...

I am also going to try compiling with no optimization and see what
that does.  This has worked miracles before, so why not try it now. :)

Tom