[Devel] CharSet & Encoding tables, as related to seac

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] CharSet & Encoding tables, as related to seac
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:57:15 -0500 (EST)

I just realized that one has to implement at least a parser for the
CharSet table to implement the seach "hac' of the endchar operator.

Here is why:  seac uses StandardEncoding char codes for its operands.
But a CFF font does not necessarily have to use StandardEncoding.  So
how to get the accent glyph?  Use the char codes provided in the font
and the tables provided in pstables.h to get the glyph names.  The use
the CharSet table to get the glyph indices, and use that to look up the
glyphs in the CharStrings table.  Then compose the glpyhs.

Sound about right to all of you?  I will work on this this weekend (it
is the holidays here in the US, so I have four days to work on this).

Thanks,

Tom