[Devel] Re: CFF problems

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] Re: CFF problems
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:00:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Blinn, Eric W wrote:

> > > No.  I am not sure what is going on there.  I'll be looking into this.
> >
> Thanks Tom. I'll continue investigating here too. I can fix, or at least get
> around, most of the other problems easily enough, but the left side bearing
> problem is trickier.

I did some more looking at the disassembled CFF font.  It appears that the
entire glyph is below the baseline (the actual charstrings indicate drawing
below the base line), regardless of flipping (flopping?) that the font matrix is
supposed to do.  Maybe that is why the FontMatrix is set up for a horizontal
flip about the baseline.  Still looking...