[Devel] Distiller produced CFF fonts [was: CFF problems]

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] Distiller produced CFF fonts [was: CFF problems]
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:28:35 -0500 (EST)

Hi again,

> Yes, the CFF font came from a Distiller produced PDF
> file. For my particular application, all the CFF fonts
> are coming from Distiller produced PDF files, so that
> has pretty much been my frame of reference while
> looking into these issues.

Then beware of accented characters.  If the base Type 1 font uses seac to make
the accented characters, this is transferred over to the the CFF font by
distiller (the CFF spec allows for making accented characters by using a
multiple
argument version of endchar).  Parsing of such beasties is not yet in FreeType.
I believe it is on the list of things to do.

Tom