[Devel] Adding bold/italic style flags to Type1 fonts

From: Keith Packard
Subject: [Devel] Adding bold/italic style flags to Type1 fonts
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 00:05:57 -0800

My font matcher really likes to have the style_flags field include
bold/italic booleans; here's a patch that adds these fields to the Type1
parser.

The italic flag is easy to do; I'm a bit concerned about the bold flag.
Instead of a nice numeric or boolean value, Type1 fonts have a weight
name; I've added two obvious bold names, but I'm sure there are "bold"
Type1 fonts that use a different weight name.  Adding more is easy enough,
perhaps someone with a more extension Type1 collection might generate a
more complete set of weight names.

If this patch should go elsewhere, please let me know.  I expect I'll
find more little patches like this to send along.

address@hidden   XFree86 Core Team              SuSE, Inc.