[Devel] Bitmap font file reading progress

From: Keith Packard
Subject: [Devel] Bitmap font file reading progress
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:02:12 -0800

While I'm mostly interested in accessing outline fonts, I've a requirement
to be able to read old bitmap font files in BDF and PCF formats.  I'm
curious what progress is being made in supporting these formats in
FreeType; I'd rather use a single API than have to go access the crufty X
font library for those formats.

Is anyone working on this?  Any idea when it might be working?

address@hidden   XFree86 Core Team              SuSE, Inc.