freehoo-users

[Freehoo-users] one configure problem resolved, for me

From: John Kraft
Subject: [Freehoo-users] one configure problem resolved, for me
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:33:49 -0700

hello - I had been stuck trying to build freehoo, at a point that at
least one other person on the list mentioned.  the configure output
would exit at ...

[...]
checking for gh_enter in -lguile... yes
checking for yahoo_send_im in -lyahoo2... yes
checking for tgoto in -ltermcap... yes
checking for readline in -lreadline... no
%

with no error, but no Makefile.  The readline library on my system
(gentoo) apparently requires either -lncurses or -ltermcap for
successful linking, and the following command cleared it up for me.

% LDFLAGS=-lncurses ./configure --prefix=/usr/local

it's probably overkill, but was easy and worked for me.  hope this
helps someone else.

btw- now that I've got it working, freehoo is great!  I find that I
have a different personality typing in it tho.  strange throwback to
old mud days or something.
--
John Kraft
address@hidden