Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth 1&2 parallel installation

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth 1&2 parallel installation
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 17:28:16 +0100

After a quick source code review, the following programs have either already adopted the fluidsynth2 API upstream, or should work out-of-the-box:

ardour5

audacious-plugins-amidi (couldn't find source code, but successfully built by Debian Unstable)

calf

Carla (assuming Carla-vst and lv2-carla as well)

csound-fluidsynth

denemo

drumstick

gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free-fluidsynth

lmms

mpd

muse

qsynth

swami

tuxguitar

vlc

scummvm

Programs that need an update:

minuet (https://phabricator.kde.org/source/minuet/browse/master/src/plugins/fluidsynthsoundcontroller/fluidsynthsoundcontroller.cpp)

prboom-plus (https://svn.prboom.org/repos/branches/prboom-plus-24/prboom2/src/MUSIC/flplayer.c)

...so, either cripple fluidsynth 1.1.11 or take the burden and patch a few lines of code in those two applications. I guess you'll vote for the "burden". In this case I'll try to find some time next weekend to create the patches.

Tom