Re: [fluid-dev] Allow soundfonts to be searched from multiple directorie

From: Carlo Bramini
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Allow soundfonts to be searched from multiple directories
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 20:18:56 +0100 (CET)

Hello,
if I can say my opinion, it would be better to leave that change outside the
library.
It looks more a feature for the application that it is using FluidSynth.
This introduces also the need to distinguish between
absolute/relative/virtual/network/etc paths, that can vary on different
platforms. I doubt that just doing strcat() between the strings inside this
"synth.soundfont-dirs" and the string written on the command line will be
enough.

Although it may look useful for some typists, command auto-completation and
command history of the shells give already a solution.

Sincerely.